Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving is already over and it is almost time for Christmas. Time is just not my friend this year. My baby will be 6 months on December 20th and Mavs will be 9 years old in February! Where has the time gone??


So we had a really great Thanksgiving, we went to my Nana and Pa's where my cousins and aunts and uncles also came. McKade did AWESOME!! He loved everyone and was such a happy baby!! I guess his little personality is starting to adjust and he is realizing there are more people that love him besides mommy, daddy and sister. LOL! Mavery had so much fun playing with her little cousins, they were all outside most of the time due to the humid weather, it was quite a nice day. Her cousins, Gracie and Colton just got a new puppy and all the kids had to play and love on him, he was such a good sport and very sweet.



I get very nostalgic when it comes to going to Longview. I have some of the best childhood memories when it comes to my grandparents and my cousins. We really were more like sisters growing up than cousins. I didn't know very many people who were as close to their cousins as I was to mine, it seems like we were always together. But, Christmas and holidays had to be my favorite. We had so many little traditions and so much family time. We never have had a "perfect" family, but, who does? But, we all loved each other and had so much fun. I miss it. I hope I can keep tradition with my kids and show them the importance of family. I try now, but it is really hard. Hopefully one day it will get easier.

I guess now it is time for Christmas shopping and all the stress that goes along with it. I love this time of year, I just hate trying to find gifts for everyone that I think are perfect. I don't want to disappoint anyone and then there are people who have everything, and if they want something they can go out and buy it themselves so it makes it hard to shop. This year will be a bit harder with me not having a full time job, but hopefully it will all work out and still be a good Christmas. I am beyond blessed and this past year has been hard on so many people. I am thankful to have a home and have food on the table. I know this year will be hard for alot of families. I pray God will bless them all in some way. Well, I think I have rambled on enough.....here are some cute pics from Thanksgiving with my family.

Nana and Gene

Me and April


Mom and McKade

April and McKade


Aunt Barb and Brandi

April and my mom

Great Nana and Great Pa playing with McKade





McKade and his Gammy



No comments: