Monday, November 17, 2008

Holidays, already?!


I can't believe the holidays are here already. It seems like it was yesterday that I was getting ready to have our baby boy, and next week he will be 5 months old already. Where is the time going?
Mark and I stayed up talking the other night about how fast time seems to have gone these past years. I swear when I was a teenager it seemed like time was never going to pass, school went on for eternity, and it felt like it took months for a weekend to come around. These days it seems like I blink and the day is over, or the week begins and a couple of hours later it is already the weekend again. At this rate my children will be grown in a couple of weeks and Mark and I will be in a nursing home before you know it! ;) It is unreal to me that my sweet baby girl will be 9 in just a couple of months....9 years old!!! I still remember when she was born as if it were just a couple of months ago. And now McKade is growing so fast. I wish there were some way to slow down this process and really and truly enjoy every single second of it. I try to catch every cute word Mavery says, and remember the sweet smile on Mckades face, but it is crazy how quickly they are changing. I pray that I can keep these memories of them as long as my mind will allow.
But, as I said before it is already the holidays!! I am shocked to think that in less than 2 weeks it will be Thanksgiving, and just a few short weeks after that, it will be Christmas. I feel so unprepared for all of it. I don't feel like it should be November and to think December is right behind it?? OMG, where is the time going, really?! I am excited for the holidays and the colder weather, it truly is my favorite time of year. I love decorating and being with family and friends. Plus this year will be Mckades very first Christmas and that is always very exciting! I guess I better start getting in the spirit of things, after all it will be here before I know it!

No comments: